Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cheryl's Big Day

Cheryl did a great job describing all the details, and it really was a fun day. I thought I might add my perspective a bit though! Cheryl loves birthdays. She does. Birthdays are an important event to her and it is a level of importance that has been an area where I have been challenged to adapt to. Last year was her big Three - O! We were all a tad violently sick, but the truth is that I didn't really plan like I could have to celebrate it in a big way. I really wanted not to make that mistake this year. For comparison's sake, when I turned 30, Cheryl took me to Fiesta Texas for the day and brought me home to a big surprise party with all of our friends. It was awesome! I was pretty ashamed after last year. My wife really deserves much more. She deserves this everyday!

So this year - the party was on! I started the scheming a couple of weeks ago and got everyone lined up. The plan was simple and the execution was flawless! After the day at the park, we would get the kiddos ready for bed and kick Cheryl out of the house on a rouse Jenny and Sara and I baked up. They arrived, dropped off a cake in my "conveniently" unlocked car outside and grabbed Cheryl. As soon as she left, the guys arrived early to throw up streamers and such. Man, the guys did a great job! If I'd known how fast they'd be, I'd have gotten more decorations! When the ladies arrived, we got ready for "the call." During the pick-up, Jenny had slipped her phone out of her pocket and given it to me which gave them a great reason to drop back by the house. The big moment: Cheryl gets out to run in an grab it so as not to 'disturb the guys' - HA! We were all waiting. Even Julia was in on the surprise!!! The rest of the night was filled with fun, food, the reading of the Birthday Book and games. I love our friends in the Singles Group - they are awesome!!!

We did take some video (although we forgot to film the "surprise") so here you go! If you weren't there you were certainly missed!



Cheryls Birthday

No comments: