Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hey, That's Not Wi-fi! That's a Thermostat!

Just a random bit of humor ... I ran across this picture I took while in an airport a couple of years ago. I was walking along when I saw th Wi-Fi sign. I tend to notice techy things. I'm going to assume that they were intending to mark what might be the center of this particular 'hotspot,' but the sign was placed directly above a thermostat. I was pretty amused imagining the rip-off that might have been perpetraited against the airport there. Some shady contractor talking to the airport's non-technical purchasing manager:

Shady Guy: "Aaaa, Oh Kaaaa, Vinnie and I got 'cha Wi-ah-less Network set up, boss. 'dat'll be 100 grand - cash pref'rably."
Dopey Manager: "Well OK, but I didn't see you do anything but screw that thing to the wall and slap on the sticker.
SG: You gonna tell us how to do ahhr job, or pay up? (Vinnie cracks knuckles menacingly)
DM: Yeah, here's the money, but ... that sure looks like a thermostat to me!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karen said...

Too funny, Gabe!! Your imagination...I bet that's one REALLY colorful, fun and wild place to be!! :-)