Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New Project - Monitor Stand

I had a chance recently to reorganize my office. In the process I decided that I needed something to get my monitors up about 5 inches. Of course, I could have gone over to OfficeMax and picked one up, but this looked more like a great opportunity for ... "Dun, Dun, Daaaaa" ... a PROJECT!

I'm going to be using the left over ply from Julia's Toy Cabinet for the body. But I'm also going to addsome support in the center and a hardwood face frame (red-oak; also left over from previous projects).

I did have some fun on the body - I didn't want to show the plywood edges on the top or the sides and I didn't want to run trim down the side to hide it. So, the solution was to cut the pieces at a 45 degree angle and join them with glue and nails. I happened to have some nifty little 90 degree angle clamps that came in real handy for this! The body is done now and awaits paint before I do the face frame.

No comments: