Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Creepy Kind of Love

What would you do if you came across a very realistic looking rubber cockroach? Cheryl and I were confronted with this dilemma recently when she bought the decorations for Isaac's "Bug" themed birthday party. Of course, we did what any other normal loving couple would do and showed to the other laughing about how funny it would be to mistake that for the real thing.

Really?

No. Not Really.

From the moment we realized the mayhem potential of this little guy, all bets were off on what lengths we would go to in order to scare the other. The first attempts were innocuous enough but this would turn out to be a battle of escalation! ... in love of course!
  • Gabe gets the game going by taping Roach to the back of a Milk Jug in the fridge.
  • Cheryl retaliates by putting Roach on my hairbrush in the medicine cabinet.
  • Gabe escalates by taping a string to the roach from the bottom of the bathroom door. When the door opens it pulls Roach out for a 'in motion' effect. This bombs, though, when Roach tumbles and looks more like one of Ollies' dookies! (Rats - foiled!)
  • Cheryl hides Roach behind my shave cream in the shower.
  • Gabe hides Roach on the spoons in the silverware draw.
  • The most recent attempt was the most brazen though. I'm eating dinner, going through the salad when Roach tumbles out of the lettuce! ooo ... she's good.
I'll get you, yet, Cheryl-y Anne!

3 comments:

Karen said...

You guys are so funny! And definitely very creative in your attempts to outdo the other in the Roach Wars!! What's really going to be funny is when there really IS a live roach one day in any of these places??!! I want to see pictures, and preferably video on that moment!! :-)

Cheryl said...

I have actually had the same thought. I am going to look down and see a real roach one of these days and just pick it up. It gives me the creepy crawlies to think of it scurrying out of my hand. Blah. Yuck. But even that won't stop me from outdoing Gabe in the Roach Wars!!!!!!!!!!!

Chattyb said...

You two prove that love is fun. I wish I could be around for your golden wedding anniversary party. No telling what the guests will find in the hors d'oeuvres and punch. Keep it up forever. Remember, God loves a cheerful liver.! Mom