Thursday, September 27, 2007

Isaac's First Night at Awanas


Isaac started Awanas last night. Our little baby boy. Our bundle of joy ... he's now a 'cubbie' in Awanas. Before I wax hyper-nostalgic about how fast Isaac is growing up let explain what Awanas is for the uninitiated. Awanas is a club for kiddos pre-K through 12th grade that teaches children the bible and Christian values in a fun setting with games, songs, activities, outtings and the like. It is somewhat comparable to RA's (all the Baptists will get that) or even Scouting (if Scouting was coed).

Now for the waxing part... I can't believe haw fast Isaac is growing up! I'm so excited for him to be getting involved with Awanas from the beginning, but I'm just a little sad to think of him passing yet another milestone in his life. It really did catch me off guard when Cheryl mentioned he would be starting this year. Man, where are the brakes? This ride is going way too fast!

No comments: