Monday, September 17, 2007

Overheard at the Landes House

I used to keep a blog on Yahoo and they had a special area where I could put up quotes and other short snippets. I often used it to put up the funny things that our kids would say. We had a funny one last night so I think that I'll start the "Overheard..." up again right here.

Last night Isaac earned a spanking. It hadn't been a particularly awful 'transgression' and Cheryl's pop wasn't delivered with full force. Isaac started to wimper but realized that it hadn't really hurt... and said so!

Isaac: " ... that didn't really hurt."
Cheryl: "Oh, really."
Isaac: "Wait, I mean it did hurt! It did ... OWWW!"

4 comments:

Chattyb said...

That is a brilliant child. He is quick on the uptake. From his standpoint there was definitely a lesson somewhere in that exchange, maybe two, or three.

I can see just see the two of you cracking up in private over that one. Ah! the joys of parenting!

Chattyb said...

Gabe, I put in an extra "see." You may use it somewhere else if you like. Mom

Cheryl said...

Yes, I had a very hard time not laughing as I delivered the second and must I say much more painful spanking. Even in moments like that, Isaac keeps us laughing!!! Gotta love that kid!

Karen said...

That is SO funny! I heard that at the recent Miller Family Reunion, but reading it again, I just HAD to laugh outloud!
He's quick...you gotta give him that!!