Thursday, September 06, 2007

Bug Hunter


Isaac and I were doing something in front of the house when Isaac spotted a bug. Not just your run of the mill, insect-y, little bug but a big, slimey creepy crawly bug. To be honest I couldn't tell you if ti was a slug or a snail sans shell, but it was cool. You should have seen us both hunkered down in the driveway as cars are driving by giving us odd looks! But, it was cool. We got his "bug keeper" that At. Phil sent and kept him in there to show Mama ('cause we know how much Mama likes creepy crawly bugs!)

I really enjoy these times when I get to see, encourage and share Isaac's enthusiasm for the world around him. It helps me remember just how interesting everything really is.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Even though I don't like creepy crawly bugs, I have to admit it was pretty cool!

Karen said...

Yes, I agree. It's a really neat moment with your child when they are fascinated with something.

Chattyb said...

Pa & I have gotten into the bug collection thing for Isaac. We have both seen some real keepers. We put them in jars for his next visit. We would all benefit from looking at life through the eyes of a child from time to time, right? When I do I find myself back in time about 60 years or so laying in the powdery dirt under the picnic table with my brother. We are gently rolling grains of sand into the funnel hole of a minute critter who within seconds will send that grain back out to the top of the funnel. Gosh, I wish I could remember what those critters were called. It escapes me just now.