Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Just Me and My Daughter

Sadly, besides being off to work, even when I'm home, there are bills to pay, side jobs to finish and house work to be done. I often enjoy my children in snatches of time. A tussle here. A hug and kiss there. But, I don't often get to totally devote myself to my children and give them the most tangible symbol of love that there is ... time. Tonight was not like that, though.

I had the best time with Julia tonight. Cheryl and I have a new arrangement for Wednesdays. She takes Isaac to Awanas at 6:15 and then meets one of the young women in our college/career ministry friend for some girl time and fellowship. I get one-on-one time with my daughter.

Tonight, I had 2 hours and, to be honest, wasn't quite sure what we'd do with it. But she did. She wanted to sit on my knees while I ate. Then she wanted a piggy back ride. Then we played on the couch. Then we played piano. Our evening ended brushing our teeth together and reading stories. No fits, no fussing. Just a great evening with my daughter.

4 comments:

Chattyb said...

So precious, Gabe. Memories you'll have for a lifetime. Mom

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Gabe,
That is SO wonderful that you got some good quality time with Julia! When our kids are young, we hear parents whose kids are grown say, Cherish the time! And we all say, Yes, Yes I will try and we don't always try, but the words of wisdom are just that!
DO take the time and FIND the time to spend quality time with your kids! That time spent will never be regretted!! Time not spent WILL be!

Cheryl said...

She is so darn cute!! And so are you Gabe!! Love you 1st!