Saturday, October 06, 2007

Fishing Fun

Since high school, I've not really pursued fishing as a hobby. I've either been distracted by other hobbies or just not had much of an opportunity for one reason or another. But, recently it seems as though God has ordained that I'll be doing a bit more fishing. I believe Isaac is a big part of this new ordination, too. Fishing is just such a great family thing to do! You get to spend time together and it is a fun relaxing environment. God's hand in all this was to create the opportunity.

Sure, I admit that at any time, I could've rounded up the gear and started fishing the local rivers. But that just doesn't appeal to me. It usually means going to some crowded public area or using a boat (that we don't have). So what changed? A friend at church who was already generously letting me come out to use some woodworking tools suggested I bring Isaac back for some fishing! We took him up on it today!

Isaac and I picked up some fishing equipment at the local Academy including a new "Spider Man Reel" for his first Reel of his own. We loaded up this morning and headed out to our friends' place. The day couldn't have been more beautiful. The air was cool and the fish were biting! Isaac had a blast being a 'country kid' for the morning... but that is another blog! I did carry the video camera with me and I've attached the video below!

No comments: