Thursday, August 02, 2007

Has it been 6 years?


Somewhere in the middle of last month's blogging hiatus, I did take a break from work to celebrate our 6th anniversary with Cheryl. What a great time we had.

First, we hoped on a jet and headed for the gay town of Paris! (Not that kind of gay!) Cheryl wanted to see the Eifel tower, so we headed down there for a picture. I kept her entertained with my attempts to speak French that invariably ended in someone giving us directions to a bathroom. I sang her a love song on a bridge and a large crowd of Parisians cheered.

Then it was off to the Bahamas. We've missed the warm tropical sands that we walked on our honeymoon, so what better occasion to visit them, than our anniversary. We were feeling adventurous and had lunch while dangling from a parasail! No one had ever tried that before and our success drew another crowd. I, ever sensitive to my wife decided to find some place quieter. We strolled along this beach and laughed while we made 'sand angels' with noone but the waves to watch.

To wrap up the day, we flew up to New York City for a Broadway Show. Grease was opening with Max and Laura as Danny and Sandy and after watching them all season on "You're the one that I want!", it only made sense to be there. We dined in a small restaurant on the water by the light of the skyline and took this picture.

Alas the night had to end, though. We headed back to San Antonio and our home and our sleeping children. What a great evening!

---

Cheryl, I can only hope to give you these things one day for real. Only God knows what fortunes he holds for us. But no matter where he leads us, the greatest fortune he has ever given me is your love. I love you... all the way around the world, to the moon and back!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You are a NUT!!! But that is part of why I love you!! Even if we never visit all these places I will be happy as long as I am in your arms! I love you!

Jake said...

uhh, yuck.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Cheryl on this one...Gabe, you're nuts, but I must say...very, very creative!! That's quite an imagination you've got there!! And oh how sweet you are!! :-) Cheryl is a lucky girl to be married to you...