Sunday, November 01, 2009

First Day on the New Gun

So, I got to shoot my new pistol, yesterday. And it was a blast! We're visiting my brother in the Houston area. He took us down to the local Carter Country with a public range. I bought some hearing protection and we headed down to the pistol area.

My brother and I both have the Berretta PX4 Storm. I opted for the 9mm version thinking that it would be a little feasible for Cheryl to learn to use the smaller caliber. Matt was shooting the .40 cal. We traded off and they were both great to shoot. I don't have a lot of time on pistols in general so without much to compare it to, I'll just say that it was very easy to shoot.

The target in the picture was my last one of the day. I loaded one clip and put all 17 round on a clean sheet. There were no wild shots and a couple of dead-on bullseyes. As far as home defense is concerned, if the burgler will just stand still in bright light, I'm sure I can get'em!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

April said...

Just for the record, the .40 cal is MY gun. :)