Saturday, January 19, 2008

Fish Food and Family

Right after new year, Isaac and I had a special guys night - one we've been planning for quite a while. We went out for fish! I love fish - we grew up often eating fish that we or a friend had caught. We ate catfish, bass, perch, the occasional variety of fish that dad would catch off shore on a trip with his coaching staff.

This made it all the more interesting when I fell in love with a gal that doesn't like fish! How can it be?! Well, menu doth not a marriage make! While our marriage never suffered from this difference, it has presented some interesting situations - like when I brought Cheryl to Arkansas for the first time and my family celebrated with a fish fry! She did well though - even tried some.

Isaac, on the other hand, is quite the fish lover. He and I have been talking for weeks about our fish night. Right after New Year's we finally found the evening to do it. We headed out to Sea Island for a fish dinner. It was a blast - fun mainly for the alone time with my boy but also for a chance to have fish. Soon, we're going to have to find a place to fish. Maybe it will awaken my 'fishing' gene that has proved recessive since high school.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Okay, you just made me realize one of the things that I miss being in the S.A. area! Sea Island Shrimp House (of course we miss you and Cheryl too!). But being in the middle of the desert you can't find good fish (or shrimp). Glad you guys had a good Boys night out.