Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Isaac's Advent Letter

Cheryl has been doing a daily activity with Isaac that follows advent. Each day they open a tiny envelope and find a small card inside. The card each day has an activity that is intended to give Isaac real opportunities to give an love. Today the card asked him to write a letter to me about what he loves about me.

I came home as I normally do. Isaac from his place at the table where they were eating early called to me. "Papa!" And, without much concern for the apparent surprise that it was supposed to be, followed that with, "Go look at your bathroom!" I did and found his letter taped where I would see it over the sink. It said
"1. He wrestles with me
2. Snuggling with him
3. Hugging him
4. He plays with me"
I love my son. He will likely never really understand how much I love him until he has a little blond guy running around his house to wrestle with. But I do know that I'm going to give it my best, anyway.

2 comments:

Karen said...

That is absolutely TOO sweet! You guys are such a loving family and it's inspirational to witness it!

Jake said...

awesome, but why would he call you a "pig" after saying such nice things about you ;)