Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Cat is Out of Santa's Bag

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later! The names we drew for our gift giving this year got all mixed up and Mom had to bring it all out in the open to get everything cleared up before somebody got left out. The list hit the digital air yesterday, revealing all the givers and who their 'givee' would be.
Betty Landes to Billie, Tarah, Phyllis, Matt, Jake, Gabe, Don, Cheryl, April
Hey Dears,
Since there are two family members who do not remember whose name they drew for Christmas, I checked around and this is my best guess.

Drawor - Drawee
Don - Tarah
Betty - Phyl
Phyl - Betty
Billie - Don
Gabe - Jake
Cheryl - Matt
Matt - Gabe
April - Cheryl
Jake - Billie
Tarah - April
I am happy to report, though, that our good intentions are still intact as evidenced by this loving exchange of email that only serendipitously coincided with the list's publication:
Dear Matt,
Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you as a brother. Of all my family members I have always thought especially highly of you. Your generosity and the liberal way that you love those around you is wonderful. I just felt moved today to express this to you in a completely unmotivated way. You're swell!

Love, your brother that doesn't own a 40" flatscreen TV,
Gabe
... and a quick response ...
Dear Gabe,
As I sit here trying my best to choke back the tears welling up in my eyes, I can't help but be amazed by the irony of this situation. I myself was ,just this second, contemplating how your lovely wife exemplifies these same characteristics. Her generosity is surpassed only by her beauty! Let's face it, big brother, you married WAAAYYYY up! You should consider a career in sales. I digress... Anyway, as I was saying, I was just about to email this heartfelt, sincere, and, also, unmotivated ,byselfish motives sentiment to your wife, however, since I felt it polite to respond to you and say thank you for the compliment, I will simply ask that you pass my feelings on to your, again BEAUTIFUL, wife.

Love, your brother (and brother-in-law) that does not have a Browning 7mm A-Bolt Rifle,
Matt
Ah, the love in this family just... well, ya know... it just does!

2 comments:

April said...

ah, you stole my blog for the day! Good one!

Karen said...

That is SO funny! The LOVE you have for each other is very evident! And with that much effort put in, I think both of you should get exactly what you want for Christmas...or at least maybe a Pulitzer for those emails!!