Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Women in my Life

I was not the guy in HS that all the girls wanted to date. In fact, I distinctly remember that my brother, Matt, had more success with the girls in my class! (Love ya brother - I'm not bitter!) When I met Cheryl and began falling in love and began realizing that she was the first one that 'got me' (and didn't run), I began the most amazing relationship of my life - the one with my wife. I never could have imagined what this would be like. I knew early on that I was a family man, and really struggled in my mid-20's giving that part of my life to God when all my friends were marrying. But he knew what he was doing and blessed me with Cheryl just as soon as he had done what he needed to get both of us ready for it.

If that blessing wasn't enough, he brought yet another beautiful lady into my life - our daughter, Julia. She is the most beautiful baby girl and as the 'baby' fade and the 'girl' shows, I'm blessed to be witness to her life.

Both of these women have shaped who I am today. They challenge me in different ways to look outside myself. They expose me to their world and invite me to learn to love another for who they are - to love like Christ loves his bride. I can only hope that they know how special they are to me.

1 comment:

Chattyb said...

What a wonderful tribute to those you love.