Monday, April 23, 2007

Who Says You Can't Find Good Help

I love it when my kiddos want to help! The other day, we had to replace some safety locks on the cabinets in the kids' bathroom and help was more than abundant! Isaac really wants to use my drill but the darn thing is just about to big for him to even hold yet. Julia couldn't stand not being in the action so she climbed right in there, too.


I have some pretty awesome memories with my dad from times when he let me help. We changed a lot of oil together - even a waterpump once on one of his old trucks. Few things made me feel more important than those times.

Isaac has now started joining me under the car for oil changes and around the house for odd jobs. I have to be honest; the jobs go a bit slower. But, the look on his face when he tells Mama "I was under the car" or "I drilled with Papa's Drill!".... I wouldn't trade it for anything!

1 comment:

April said...

yeah, glad you're here!