Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hand-Me-Down Toys

The other day I was going through my things. I was in a junk box that has followed me since high school. As I rummaged about looking for something I ran across a couple of toy cars that I had played with as a kid. One was a Porsche and the other a slick, futuristic thing that turned into a robot! Isaac was close at hand and I realized the ultimate purpose for keeping those cars. I called him over and told him that I had something for him. His eyes got big and I think the little motors turned over once again.

Isaac immediately knew what to do with the Porsche. It came to life and was back to top speed as if it hadn't been over 25 years since it had last seen the open roads. I had to explain the robot transformation to him, but he was content just to have another car to race around.

If you know me, you know I'm quite the pack-rat, especially when it comes to sentimental things. But, these cars don't need to be keep-sakes they need to run the open roads of Isaac's mind. They'll risk again the inherent dangers of being a toy in active duty, but hey, that's what they were born to do!

No comments: