Sunday, January 04, 2009

We're Expecting! ... SHE is pregnant!

Yeah! After a lot of prayer and waiting, we are finally expecting our third child! That is right - ready or not, the world is getting one more Landes! And right up front I want to be clear that I said "we're expecting" not "we're pregnant"! I don't know how common it is for couples to say "we're pregnant," but I have accidentally uttered that and been immediately assaulted by both women and men standing within earshot not to mention my pregnant wife.

I don't know if there is not just a little pent up bitterness here, but the general thrust of the attacks was to let me know in no uncertain terms that SHE is pregnant and I am just, well ... along for the ride, so to speak.

If you want to, pray for Cheryl and the baby's health and my careful tongue! That way we'll all get through this is good shape!

1 comment:

Chattyb said...

Gosh, Gabe, when one of my kids is pregnant I feel like we are all pregnant. It is just so, so wonderful. If life were fair, though, you guys would have some morning sickness and the yuks.

I'm hoping for a boy or girl; how about you?