Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Pretty Good Day

It is a great thing to have a good day. I must say that I've had some great days but the good days are different. To keep them separate, let me explain. A Great Day is the type of day that includes some experience that you've never had. Climbing a mountain for the first would be a great day for me. Skydiving was an especially great day! Good days are different though. Good days are the ones where the actual activities may be mundane, the events uneventful, but the whole thing just works. It's like the gears of the universe all mesh just right and life goes smoothly.

Today was a good day: We slept in a bit, got donuts together, did a little work around the house and put up some Christmas lights, napped and even wrapped presents after the kids went down.

Looking back at the day, I find that family is a part of all that made the day (and any other for that matter) a good day. And, that is what a good day does. When one of those comes along, it shows what we really value down at the practical end of life - the day in, day out values that really make up who we are. I'm pretty happy to realize how much joy my wife and kiddos bring me. This was a pretty good day

1 comment:

Chattyb said...

Gabe, What beautiful thoughts and insights! You are "standing on solid rock."