Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back Home

We pulled into the drive last night at midnight. We are now home and our vacation is just about over. It has been a great week, but it seems that an unexpected benefit of going away is appreciating being home again. After a week of amazing sights and experiences, after a week of new places and faces, after a week of getting up and going down at unusual times, it is nice to be back in our little house with familiar things and ... soon ... the familiar faces of our children.

Missing the kids was beginning to drive our attention from the things of vacation. All of the wonderful distractions of our adventure were loosing their hold, and at just the right time, we were wrapping up the time off. Now we are anticipating seeing them soon!

Being off will certainly have its lasting effects. I got up this morning late (unusual for me) and took the time to make myself a Carmel Machiatto - something my mornings never afford me the time to do. Maybe, along with the souvenirs, pictures and memories, I'll take home a renewed commitment to taking time to relax. Ahhh .... Vacation!

2 comments:

Chattyb said...

I want a Carmel Machiatto at Thanksgiving. Please.

Jake said...

hey, i put a video on my blog for you to check out.