Saturday, July 19, 2008

Missing the Little Feet

It has now been eleven days that Isaac has been with grandparents. It has been strangely quiet around here! Julia joined him Thursday so the last 2 days have been completely quiet. Odd memories of bachelor-hood and early marriage have floated into my head at times but mostly, I've just missed them!

There are a number of things that the absence of the kiddos permits - sleeping in on a Saturday and going shopping all day, catching a movie and going out to eat. These are all well and good, but there are also things that their absence also prevents - no screams of "Papa" when I open the door after work, no big hugs from tiny arms, noone to read to at night before bed time! (I tried with cheryl, but she didn't want to sit in my lap in the Rocking Chair!)

Don't get me wrong I like to be able to carry on a complete conversation without being interrupted ... or jumped on. But I have come to really enjoy all the things they find so important! I relish their affection and can't wait to have them back. It will be good to hear the little feet around again!

No comments: